A wide range of manufacturing industries in Melbourne produce liquid and prescribed industrial (hazardous) wastes, which is collected and transported by Corio Waste Management Pty Ltd to third-party recycling, recovery/reclamation, treatment, management and disposal facilities.
The main manufacturing industries requiring these services include food and beverage companies and chemical, petroleum, and oil refineries. Hospitality businesses such as restaurants, cafes, and take-away establishments are major users of these services for grease trap and oil collection.
Utilities also use these services for the collection, transport and removal of sewerage, sludge, waste water, contaminated storm water, and other liquid waste in Melbourne, while the automotive industry uses these services for the removal of motor oil, wash water, paints and other hazardous liquids.
Hazardous waste management is necessary for hospitals, universities, schools, laboratories, agriculture, government and other service industries.
Our service offering includes:
- Sampling and laboratory analysis of waters, waste waters, soils and waste.
- Hazard categorisation and management
- Assessment of management options available to treat and dispose of the waste safely.
- Pump out and cleaning of septic tanks, grease traps, wash water tanks, triple interceptor tanks, stormwater pits and neutralising tanks with a liquid vacuum tanker.
- Maintenance of neutralising pits including pH testing, dosing and replacement of marble chips.
- Collection, transportation and disposal of liquid and hazardous wastes stored in drums, bins, containers, bulka bags or on pallets such as laboratory chemicals, solvents, resins, inks and dyes, photographic waste and pesticides using a Hooklift Vehicle or Tautliner.
We are an Accredited Agent authorised by EPA Victoria to transport a number of waste categories. As an Accredited Agent we can act on behalf of the producer and complete part 'A' of a waste transport certificate and use one certificate for the collection of multiple loads from several producers. Accredited Agent status is not automatic. Authorisation is based on a demonstrated knowledge of, and compliance with, the permit and transport certificate system.
For enquiries or more information about our liquid and prescribed industrial (hazardous) waste management and removal services in Melbourne, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 1300 267 4696